With all of the cold weather and snow many people have been begging for spring. I consider myself to live for today, in the moment. I do not want to wish my life away. There are days that are hard. I feel like screaming or crawling in a hole. I know there will be a day when the kids are all out of the house, in school or married or living only God knows while David and I are home....alone. We will be able to sleep in, go anywhere without whiny, tired children, and keep our house in order. Ok, back to where I was going with this.....I AM SO READY FOR SPRING! Days go by and I do not even step out of the house. Levi's wake time is only an hour to an hour and a half. By the time I feed him and get everyone out the door and in the car we have about 5 minutes before he's fussy. Will he sleep in his car seat....uhhh, NO. He did for a minute. So, I do not bother to run a mindless errand. Trying to get out to be out is sometimes more hassle than it is worth. We typically make a weekly Lowe's trip, go to BSF, Mommy lunch, church, gymnastics and now swim on Saturdays. Halle has Awana on Wednesday too. I know this is only a phase of life for us that only last a few blinks of an eye.
Lately, I have felt like I am coming out of my skin. Doing the same things every single day. I feel like Groundhog Day. Wake up, feed Levi, make a spark, feed Ellie, let Ellie out, tell Luke to stop whining for cereal, pour cereal, pour Luke his 2nd bowl, pour Luke his 3rd bowl. Tell Luke to eat over his bowl, slow down, and "no, you can't have cheese for breakfast. Yes you can have yogurt." Put Levi to bed, nurse my spark, unload the dishwasher, change over laundry, clean the kitchen, get Halle paper for her morning "craft", get Levi up, nurse Levi, fix an egg, battle with kids to clean their room, put Levi back to bed, fix a snack, put on Dora, take a shower, put back on PJ's, do laundry, turn off TV, kids melt down, fix lunch, play with kids, do more laundry, pick up, ponder on dinner, eat lunch, get Levi up, nurse Levi, put kids down for rest, try to lay down for a minute, read my Bible, close my eyes, kids storm upstairs.....round and round we go! Shew! That was exhausting. All that being said, my hope is in the Lord. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Is. 40:29-31 We are not promised deliverance from our adversity here on earth but we are promised hope, peace, and strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment