Last week I made a few super easy, super cheap, quick meals. So, I thought I would share:)
Pesto pizza on JJ bread(you can buy JJ bread for $.50 a loaf):
Spread pesto on the bread (cut in half). Top with onions, peppers and mushrooms. Top that with slices of provolone cheese. Bake in 350 oven until cheese is melted. Serve with a salad!
I used half of a red pepper and half of a green pepper. With the other half I made easy turkey fajitias:
I bought a turkey tenderloin at the grocery($6-7) and grilled it for about 30 minutes....David actually grilled it:) I sautéed the remaining peppers, onions and mushrooms in 2T of oil with taco seasoning and adobo seasoning. I sliced 3/4 of the tenderloin and tossed it with veggies. Served with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa and cheese on tortillas with a side of refried beans.
The next day we topped all the leftovers on lettuce and chips for a salad. So yummy!
The day after that I tossed the remaining 1/4 of the tenderloin with penne, alfredo and frozen organic broccoli.
I buy a head of organic romaine ($1.99). I cut it and rinse it a few hours before dinner so it is not soaking wet. If you store it in a container rather than a baggie it will keep for days!
No comments:
Post a Comment