Thursday, October 22, 2009

Last Week For Us

Where to start!?!? Luke's party was amazing! I know, how could a birthday party for a 2 year old be amazing when there are kids EVERYWHERE, cake on my newly mopped floor and 30 people crammed into our townhouse. David and I had a blast!! Stephen, Kath, Savannah & Caroline came down, Leslie and Drew came up and were so kind to bring David's precious 81 year old G'ma.....Jude. We were really hoping Jude would stay a few days with us but she is recovering from a broken collar bone and wanted to wait until she felt better to stay for an extended period of time. We had so much fun with Leslie and Drew being here and were sooo thrilled they decided to come up!! Drew was super uncle and he's not even uncle! He cleans the kitchen after a meal, takes the trash out, and gets the kids ready for bed or to go out..........all without being asked. He is a keeper. For those of you who know what it is like when Kath and I get together....poor Drew has offically been initiated into the family for surviving hours of torture. Halle received a book from David's grandparents, Papa & Mama T, at Luke's party. She asked me again last night why she got a present for Luke's Birthday. She was so precious when she opened it with beaming eyes and said, "Wow, who got me a present? That was so kind!" Halle is into Green Eggs & Ham, therefore she often blurts out "Sam let me be!" or "I will eat them with a goat. I will eat them on a boat." So, the other night at the dinner table she tried something new and I said, "Will you eat them in a box?" LUKE quickly responded, "with a fox?" David and I were so amazed and could not believe he said that!! He is so precious and although his energy often makes me want to pull my hair out and go Absolute(JK), I can not get enough of him and every inch of his precious little body. David recently discovered white tail deer in a field near our house. This week at dusk we have been going deer watching. Last night we saw at least 12 and few were bucks. We also hear the evening train, dogs, airplanes, trucks and see the sunset all while sitting on a hill overlooking a field of deer......a little boy's dream. Halle stayed with Shannon on Monday while I took Luke to his 2 year check-up. Shannon included Halle in on Grace and Emma's school. At first Halle said, "I don't want to do school at Grace and Emma's kitchen table." But she quickly realized school was a better option over the doctor's office. She came home saying she was ready to start school and very eager to learn. She has now asked me everyday to start. She came home knowing the letter Z and recognizing letters I had no idea she knew. So today we started school!! YEA!! It went 100x better than I ever could have expected. We only did about 15-20 minutes of activity and she did amazing! I want to copy a few more sheets and then she will start some hands activites like cutting and coloring. I am so thankful the Lord gave her an eager heart to learn because that was one of my greatest fears and one of the reasons I have stalled!

No comments:

Post a Comment