Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halle's Wish List.....

So here are a few things from Halle's Christmas/Birthday list....
-Pink Leapster 2
-Games for her Leapster: Kai-lan, Dora, Diego, Tinker Bell, Disney Princess, etc. Toys-R-Us has them on sale until November 26th (25% off).
-24 piece puzzles (she has Dora and Disney princess)
-Zingo (Target & Toys-R-Us both have it)....an educational bingo game
-A scooter (3 wheels:)
Luke on the other hand I am not so sure about!! We have a playroom full of toys and 3-4 shelves in the basement full of toys. I have recently realized the 2nd child gets A LOT of hand-me-downs but I also find myself always considering Luke when I buy something for Halle. I have been wanting to get Halle a Leapster for a while but have been struggling with whether to get her a pink one or get a blue one that Luke would eventually get. So, I decided Halle should get one for herself for her birthday and if she gets games for her birthday or Christmas she can share them with Luke.
She really wanted pink Hello Kitty rain boots but I made her get green frog ones so I could pass them down to Luke. I have felt bad about that for a while even though I told her she could get the pink ones when she outgrew the green ones. I know, I am way to analytical. Who cares.
I am so over all the toys, especially the battery operated ones. Halle and Luke have been playing with her small stroller, a pull toy alligator, and the cake toppings from her birthday cake last year for forever! Halle puts her Belle dress on every single day which in turn results in her changing her clothes at least 3 times a day. Best $10 we have ever spent! Luke can not sit still long enough to play with a toy.......although he does play with play dough a lot. He for the most part jumps off the couch, tables, chairs, toys. Climbs on our backs any chance we give him. And, he throws stuff!! He can find dirt anywhere and loves to wear it.
Tonight he cried soon after David lay him down. David said he was 2 we should let him cry. A few minutes later I couldn't take it and went up to make sure he had his paci and tell him to lay down. I went into his room and took his paci with great intentions to be firm!! He looked up at me and said, "rock me, please, rock me please." He usually says "rock you" because we ask him, "do you want me to rock you?" He totally pulled on my heart strings standing in his bed with his bear in hand looking at me with those pitiful eyes. Needless to say I rocked him. Then, Halle comes out with her blanket, her baby, her drink, & a cow blanket with her lip quivering asking to sleep in our bed. For the last 2-3 months she has demanded to be in her room with Luke so for her to ask to go to our bed we knew she was scared. She and David spent the last few minutes before bed "getting monsters" with her sword she brought home from Chloe's Peter Pan party. She has been playing pirate since Saturday. I knew she was scared so I didn't fight her and she was asleep before I got back downstairs.
For some odd reason I am so excited for the holiday season. I get giddy when Christmas music comes on and I am already working on my Christmas card.....well I should say Kate is working on my card:) I usually start thinking about our card after Halle's B-day. Now, whether they are out before the December 20th will be the test! I have great intentions of getting all my addresses organized on labels this year so all I have to do in years to come is print them. Hahaha.......fat chance of me getting that done. I was so glad to see November 1 so the kids could start wearing their Christmas clothes.......that I got on clearance last year:)

3 comments:

  1. Aw! My brother and I always shared neutral color things--haha! I didn't mind. My favorite toy was him--doing everything and anything I said! I'm the boss :) Well Let the Holidays Commence! I am right there with ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I feel really into Christmas this year, too! Oh and definitely go with the pink leapster. By the time Luke cares if it's pink, you'll want the newest thing for him anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! YAY! what a cute backround!! I think you should go with the pink too, I agree with Kristen!! We'd love to help with Halle's wich list too for her b-day :) I need to send you an invite to my blog so we can be "blog buddies" :)

    ReplyDelete